In a smoothie rut? Change things up by making a smoothie bowl! It’s an amazing breakfast – or dessert, for that matter. Really the only difference between this and a “regular” smoothie is that it’s a little bit thicker, to make for easier spoon consumption. The added bit of granola into the blended mix adds a nice touch of texture, as do the toppings.
It’s a delicious dose of superfoods – and I think you’ll be addicted from your first spoonful!
Recipe: Berry-Mango-Banana Granola Smoothie Bowl
What You Need (Note: I don’t measure exact amounts when making a smoothie, so these are approximations!)
- Just over 1 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c non-dairy plain cultured yogurt
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 banana (I used fresh)
- 1/2-1 c mango chunks (I used frozen)
- 2-3 tsp Navitas Pomegranate Powder
- 1 tsp maca powder (I used Navitas brand)
- 1 packet of The Daily Good by Aloha (I can’t get enough of this – if you’re interested, buy a 30-pack or subscription, use coupon code 13604a for a discount!)
- 1 tbsp vegan protein powder (I used vanilla Nutriboost – love it for the vitamin/mineral content)
- 1/2-1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 c + 1 tbsp granola (Kind oats & honey clusters are amazing)
- 1/2-1 tbsp coconut chips (Trader Joe’s are great)
- Small handful of fresh blueberries
What You Do:
- Add all ingredients (starting with water) – minus the 1 tbsp granola, fresh blueberries and coconut chips – into a high-power blender. Blend away until everything is combined – but ideally you should still be able to see some little flecks of the granola. The overall consistency should be pretty thick – if it gets too thin, you can add more fruit (or use less water next time).
- Pour into a bowl, add the toppings and spoon up!