No excuse to let any avocados go bad again – the riper, the better for this recipe. Kind of like how bananas are to banana bread, so are avocados to this mousse pudding. And there’s no cooking involved – just blending – couldn’t be easier.
Deeply chocolate, rich and silky – minus the eggs, heavy cream or butter common to traditional mousse or pudding (you’ll never miss them). But don’t think this is some mediocre replacement just for vegans – trust me, this is going to more than satisfy ANY chocolate lover!
Recipe: 5-Ingredient (Avocado) Chocolate Mousse Pudding
What You Need (serves 2-3)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used vanilla, but any variety in a carton or the light kind in a can should work – same with any other non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 c agave syrup (honey also works)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
What You Do
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend well until completely combined and smooth!
- Use a spatula to scoop the mousse into a single bowl for serving, or individual bowls or ramekins for personal servings.
- Eat right away, or refrigerate (ideal) for at least an hour. Best if eaten within two days… but good luck trying to make it last that long!
- For a little extra something, try any or all of the following: sprinkle dark chocolate shavings on top, add a dollop of whipped cream (like Soyatoo Rice Whip) or some fresh berries.